"engineering tomorrow, today"
PROJECT TITLE: INSTALLATION OF ID FAN DAMPER BUSHES AND SHAFTS
Client: BHP Billiton Metaloys
Production Execution Superintendent: ELGEN
During the 2015 ELGEN Shutdown period, the ID fan damper bushes and shafts will be replaced. All replacement components will be supplied by BHP Billiton Metalloys.
The detailed scope of work is as follows:
Installation of ID fan Damper Bushes and shafts (8 off)
- Temporarily support the damper/flange assembly
- Remove the damper and flange bolts
- Disconnect damper actuator
- Rig out loose dampers/flange assembly, ensuring that all dampers are in a closed position
- Remove the links once the assembly is on the ground
- Remove (16 off) bearing housing
- Remove gland packing from each of the 16 stuffing boxes
- Remove vane holding pins on the eight vanes and pull off the shafts
- Inspect and record the extent of damage and shafts
- Source to site all required spare parts: shafts packing and bushes
- Position all vanes in closed position and then insert shafts
- Lock the vanes in position on the shafts.
- Replace the gland packing and tighten
- Replace bushes, housing and links
- Rig the damper/flange assembly into position
- Align and fasten all bolts
- Replace actuator
- Stroke the dampers.
- Handover to client